Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mini Beauty Tips

Let's talk hair, make up, and beauty!


Don't let the summer dry you out Mini beauties. I know many of us are taken over by the lazy monster during the summer months, but this is the time when we have to maintain our beauty health at its prime. Keep reading to find out more about my favorite products and beauty tips for this summer!


Whip Your Hair Back and Forth


The pool, the beach, and the sun are sure to dry out your hair this summer. Keep it refreshed and moisturized with these awesome products!


Use the L'Oreal Ever Sleek Conditioner once a week to replenish your dry locks. Leave it in for 5 minutes, rinse it, and feel your hair as smooth as ever!

Protect your hair with Garnier Fructis Flat Iron Perfector. We all love to do crazy things with out hair, but many times forget to protect it. Spray this straightening mist before hitting the hot iron to keep hair from drying out.


Paint the Face



Laura, Urban, Laura, Urban! I am completely obsessed with Laura Mercier and Urban Decay make up. I have been using these products since Christmas, and they have yet to fail me.



Laura Mercier concealer, foundation, mascara, and brozer/blush are must-haves, trust me. These products are very light on the skin (so you don't feel like you're wearing fifty pounds of make-up...gross). I can put on concealer and mascara at 7am, and it'll still be there by the time I have to wash my face at night. It's awesome!

I also love Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow pallet and Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Use the primer and then apply your favorite shades to create a long-lasting look! The eyeshadow pallet has beautiful colors that you can use to bring out those pretty eyes of yours. Use it for fresh beachy looks or smokey night life looks!


Clean and Freshen the Face



Make up is great, but don't forget to give your face the cleansing it needs at the end of the day. Scrub and moisturize to get that summer glow. 



Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub is a great exfoliator for your skin. It has awesome microbeads to help remove dead or dry skin (perfect for summer!) And it smells REALLY good :)

Olay Regenerating Serum is my favorite face moisturizer. I am not using it for the wrinkles (yet)! I just love the lightness of it and the quick absorption. Personally, I prefer the fragrance-free version to keep my skin as clean as possible. Use this after you wash your face to bring back much needed moisture!


Girl Look at that Body...I moisturize!



Dry legs, feet, hands, and lips...yuck. One of my biggest pet peeves is the feeling of dry skin, which is why I might be a tab bit addicted to moisturizer ;)





A great way to keep your legs and feet feeling like a baby's butt is by scrubbing them with a mix of the following:
-Sugar
-Johnson's Baby Oil

Rub-a-dub-dub and rinse for smooth skin.

My favorite hand lotion is L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream (I bought it at an airport in Colombia because I could not stand the feeling of my dry hands...of course...and have been a fan ever since!)

As for the lips, I am loving Jack Black's Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural Mint. Whenever I have cracked or chapped lips, I make sure to dab some of JB's lip balm on before going to sleep. I wake up with healthy lips again!


The Most Amazing Deodorant Ever



And now, my new favorite body product for the summer.....drum roll please!




Sopawalla's Deodorant Cream is my latest life-saving discovery. I have gone through a TRILLION deodorants, and none of them seemed to work for me. (No, I do not have a sweating or B.O. problem). I was just very displeased with the way deodorants mixed with my body...until I found this awesome deodorant cream.

It is an all-natural cream using vegetable powders, clays, lavender, peppermint, and tree leaves to help absorb moisture and inhibit bacteria. I read about it in Elle Magazine, and figured I might as well try it! I am SO glad I did because, so far, it is the only deodorant that works for me (especially in the summer when you are outside more than usual).

I hope you try some of my favorite summer beauty products! Let me know your favorites so I can experiments as well :)

Love always,
Mini


No comments:

Post a Comment